Sunday, March 12, 2006

Our Lady of the Flowers

Simon's been acting strangely since his run- in with the food thief on Friday. The violence has released something in him and now he's not himself.
Just now he gave me a book to read by Jean Genet, (who also did some serious porridge) and told me to read the part he'd marked in yellow pen. I can't make head nor tail of it. I wonder if Simon isn't trying to make some point about my personal grooming. Here's the part he had marked for me:

Repudiating the virtues of your world, criminals hopelessly agree to organize a forbidden universe. They agree to live in it. The air there is nauseating: they can breathe it
.

What's he getting at? If anyone reading this knows, I'd appreciate it if they could tip me the wink.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rastaman said...

It's like being a doper, they can always recognize another one when the average person on the street notices nothing. It's a different world of body english and special looks and hints and clues. The doper makes any allowance and adjustment to reality necessary to justify his addiction. Being criminals as well, dopers learn to hide the truth even from themselves. Most average people do the same but who adopt a criminal lifestyle do so to an extreme. The air there may be nauseating but they can breathe it because they no longer either notice the smell, or if they still do, they justify it.

5:22 AM  
Blogger Rastaman said...

typo correction ... but THOSE who adopt.....

5:23 AM  
Blogger Earl Jackson said...

That's about the conclusion I came to myself, last night, when I read it over. I'm pretty sure Simon wasn't having a dig at me now. Thanks!

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Rastaman said...

Always happy to oblige... well, not always. Depends. Hey, would appreciate a link to islamanazi.com if it isn't too radical for your taste. I gave you one in any case, no obligation.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

insurance
insurance Counter