Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I've Earned It!

Some comments have been made insinuating that I might have mercenary reasons for wanting to look up my son Robert, following my release in 2008. I offer the following details in the hope that they will dispel this rumour and still the clucking tongues.
Eighteen years ago, during the melee surrounding my arrest, I was injured by an overzealous Constable who twisted my wrist so much that it hurt for days afterwards. My lawyer knew my rights and pressed charges for assault against the Met on my behalf. Subsequently I was awarded twenty-five thousand pounds in compensation, which money hasn't been touched in all these years, swelling with interest into a very handsome little nest egg.
So you see it's not what you were thinking. I won't need anybody . I could go to Thailand and live like a king, with that kind of money. It's more likely to be that the young dreamer expects a handout from me, than the other way round. If he does think that he can think again; I've earned that money and he can do the same. Bloody sponger!

12 Comments:

Anonymous slight said...

It sounds more like you are hoping he knows you have money and comes looking for you...

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Rastaman said...

Ahh, the carrot on the stick makes the donkey run.
That's the trouble with blogging, ppl see right through everything.

Easy does it there, Earl. You WILL be on parole, right? Do you plan on leaping into action, going to buy into this business or that venture, move to New Zealand, raise sheep, etcetera? Or have you given much thought to simply renting a little flat or moving in with Mum and Dad or whatever and giving yourself a chance to re-acclimate gently? I assume that parole in England has its restrictions the same as here in the US, is why I ask. Parole can temper a lot of adventurous plans.

As for pecuniary comments, I read thru those on that blog and don't see any suggestions that you plan on living off the lad. If you do see any, I think you're misreading.

It's really good that you're coming out with a stash of cash tho, and I hope you use it wisely and well to further your continued freedom.

1:56 AM  
Blogger Aunty Marianne said...

Thailand.

You're not thinking of growing a chin ferret and dying it blonde, are you?

Cos if you are I may have to think about removing you from my blogroll.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Earl Jackson said...

Slight- maybe in my unconscious mind, that's what I'm doing. He'll come begging, one of these days...

Rastaman- the insinuendos were subtle, but they were there. It often happens when I mention that my son is a genius. It's jealousy, the same emotion that's behind terrorism, as G.W.Bush pointed out.

Marianne- what is it about Thailand that riles people so?

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Rastaman said...

Marianne can speak for herself. In the meantime I can give you my take on that. Most of the news on Thailand has been about pedophiles, as we spell it here, using that country for child-sex vacations. So when someone talks of moving to Thailand, that's the first thing that comes to mind and of course the question arises... "Oh? Why do you want to live there?"

3:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rumors say that you are being moved to another ward today.
Is it true?

11:31 AM  
Blogger Aunty Marianne said...

If he is it's probably in Thailand. Possibly on some sort of exchange program for Gary Glitter.

If so, we can all club together and send him some peroxide for his chin ferret.

9:54 PM  
Blogger BaconEating AtheistJew said...

Hey dude, how many Atheists are there in prison on a percentage basis? I figure it must be high since it is a well known facts that Atheists can't possibly have morals, because you need to believe in God first.

5:09 PM  
Blogger K9 said...

/bark bark bark

can you prove you are in prison?

/grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

12:08 AM  
Blogger Jack's Shack said...

Prion is overrated.

3:15 AM  
Blogger Trane said...

you EARNED it? by getting your ass kicked? priceless

5:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you earned it? yeah, right, whatever.

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

insurance
insurance Counter